Contact Us

The Magnet and the Iron: John Brown and George L. Stearns The Stories Behind the Busts

Ballou Hall, ca. 1860

Publisher:
Digital Collections and Archives, Tufts University
Description:
2x3
Exhibit Description:
Photograph of Ballou Hall, the first building on the campus of Tufts College, 6 years after it was opened. Until East Hall was constructed in 1860, Ballou Hall was the college's only building and it provided space for classrooms, a dormitory, a chapel, and a library. Originally called simply College Hall, Ballou Hall was renamed after named after Hosea Ballou II, the college's first president.
Source:
Tufts DCA
Attribution Statement:
Tufts University Digital Collections and Archives
Exhibit Tags:
Tufts University, Tufts DCA, Ballou Hall, photographs, Medford, and buildings