Contact Us

The Magnet and the Iron: John Brown and George L. Stearns The Stories Behind the Busts

Tufts College, about 1865, from a map drawn by Prof. Charles E. Fay

Date:
1942
Exhibit Description:
A map of Tufts College about ten years after it opened, from a map drawn by Charles E. Fay, with a key to the buildings given below the map. Note College Hill Station (building W) at the corner of the Boston & Lowell Railroad and College Avenue leading to the Stearns Estate just off the edge of the map. This map appeared on page 148 of The Tuftonian, Vol. 2, No. 4 (May 1942).
Source:
Tufts DCA UP001.001.043.00004
Attribution:
Fay, Charles E.; The Tuftonian
Attribution Statement:
Tufts Digital Collections and Archives
Exhibit Tags:
maps, Tufts University, Tufts DCA, College Avenue, Medford, Somerville, and Tuftonian